Employment Support Services
Employment Support Services (VR) and Job Coaching (29/21)
The Progress Center is contracted with Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) to provide Employment Support Services to adults that qualify to receive services with their agency. If you have not yet been assigned a Voc Rehab Counselor we encourage you to visit their website and review the necessary intake procedures found here:
Once you have completed their intake process you may ask your Voc Rehab counselor to assign you to The Progress Center for Employment Supports.
Our services will be paid for by Vocational Rehabilitation until you have been successfully placed in a job placement of your choosing. To help you move toward closing your VR case Employment Services assists individuals to find and maintain employment. Staff work with the individual on the job and in work-related settings. The Progress Center will provide the following services to help you find a job that is right for you:
- Trial Work Experiences to determine eligibility for VR services through exploration of an individual’s abilities and capacities to perform in real work settings.
- Situational Assessments (also known as job sampling, on-the-job assessment, or environmental assessment) utilizes employment and community settings to help people with disabilities determine the types of jobs and work environments best suited for them
- Job Development/Placement is job matching, finding a job environment and description that suits the current interests, support needs, personality, and skills of the individual with a disability.
Long Term Supports
The Progress Center is approved by the Department of Health and Human Services to provide Employment Services as described in the MaineCare Manual sections 21 and 29.
The Progress Center is certified by either CARF (Council for Accreditation of Rehabilitative Facilities) or the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation to provide Employment Services for VR consumers. Our employees are highly trained professionals who are committed to providing individual, supportive services to each of our clients. Our staff members hold the following trainings, which are updated regularly:
- First Aid
- cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Discovering Personal Genius
For More Information Please Contact
Sandra Shorey, Director of Services at 207.743.8049 x 202
35 Cottage Street, Norway, Maine 04268 – 207.743.8049 – fax: 739-7349 or 739-6110